Rimi Sen is born and brought up in Kolkata, West Bengal. She was born on 21st September 1981. Her name was Shubhomitra Sen. She had completed her studies from Bidya Bharati Girls High School in the year 1998. She is a commerce graduate from the University of Calcutta. After completing her studies she came to Mumbai to pursue her childhood dream of becoming an actress.
Since childhood, Sen dreamt of becoming an actress. She lived at Jyotish Roy Road, New Alipore, Kolkata with her mother. She did her schooling from Vidya Bharati New Alipore near Mint. After completing her studies, she persuaded her mother to accompany her to Mumbai. She later said that she wasn’t encouraged by anyone in her family except by her grandfather. After doing the rounds, she got into ads including one Coca-Cola ad with Aamir Khan. She was instantly noticed, and her first offers for films started rolling in.
Sen made her debut as a lead actress in the Telugu movie Nee Thodu Kavali. Her debut Hindi film, Vijay Galani’s Hungama was released in 2003. It was a comedy film, in which she co-starred with Akshaye Khanna, Aftab Shivdasani and Paresh Rawal.
Rimi Sen Biography | Wiki | Age | Personal Details
|Real Name||Rimi Sen|
|Date Of Birth||21 September 1981|
|Age (as 2018 )||36 Years|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Home Town||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
Rimi Sen Controversies | Income | Debut | Salary
|Controversies||Her racist comment in praise of director Rohit Shetty that “he can make even a black African look pretty” caused a lot of controversy.|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Debut||Film Debut: Paromitar Ek Din (2000, Bengali film)
Hungama (2003, Bollywood)
TV Debut: Bigg Boss 9 (2015)
Rimi Sen Body Measurement | Height | Weight | Figure
|Rimi Sen Height|| in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet-Inches- 5′ 5″
|Weight|| in Kilograms- 60 Kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
Rimi Sen Figure
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hip Size||34 inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
Rimi Sen Family Details | Father | Mother | Sister | Brother
Rimi Sen Marital Status | Boyfriend | Girlfriend | Affairs
|Affairs / Boyfriends||Not Known|
Rimi Sen Hobbies | Favourite Actor, Actress, place, food and many more
|Favorite Food||Aloo Posto, Kheer, Chicken Biryani|
|Favorite Actor||Paresh Rawal|
|Favorite Actress||Urmila Matondkar and Madhuri Dixit|
Some Very interested or Unknown Facts About Rimi Sen
- Does Rimi Sen is a smoker? Ans- No
- Does Rimi Sen is an alcoholic? Ans- Yes
- In January 2017, she went into politics by joining BJP Party, along with Bhojpuri model & actress Kashish Khan.
- For her slim-trim look in Dhoom (2004), she reduced around 8 kg of weight.
- She’s a prolific Odissi dancer and trained under Guru Aloka Kanungo.
- She is allergic to prawns.
- Rimi spells her name as “Rimmi” as she considers it lucky.
- There was a time when she was considered as Bollywood’s Lucky Mascot as most of the films she did, performed well at the box office.
- After her Coca-Cola ad commercial with Aamir Khan, she started getting offers from Bollywood.